We are excited to offer this new Arts & Nature break in partnership with Nant-y-Bedd Gardens.
One night stay (based on 2 guests sharing) inclusive of the following:
- Overnight accommodation in an Executive room
- Choice of cooked or continental breakfast
- 3 course evening meal in The Oak Room (allocation of £34 per person)
- A Blueprints Workshop at Nant-y-Bedd gardens in Fforest Coal Pit
- A packed lunch per person to enjoy at Nant-y-Bedd following the workshop
- Complimentary upgrade based upon availability
Available on the following dates:
Friday 11th June or Saturday 12th June 2021 (with the workshop on the Saturday morning at 10.00am - 3.30pm)
Friday 9th July or Saturday 10th July 2021 (with the workshop on the Saturday morning at 10.00am - 3.30pm)
The Workshop begins by giving a brief historical and cultural insight into Cyanotype, a Victorian reproduction technique developed in the 1840s. Gaining inspiration from time spent in the unique gardens at Nant-y-Bedd, the group will use seasonal flora to produce a variety of original Blueprints to take home.
You will be creating your own Blueprints using the Cyanotype printing technique. Following an introduction to the gardens at Nant-y-Bedd, a session will be spent foraging for plant material to provide inspiration for Printmaking. Returning to the Garden Room, you will undertake a basic practical introduction to the technique, and then you will produce a variety of original Blueprints to take away with you. This Workshop will be equally suitable for those with no Printmaking experience and those who are Creative Practitioners.
*Please note: £110.00 non-refundable deposit is taken at the time of booking for this break.