We, Caradog Hotels Limited of 15 Cross Street, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire NP7 5EN (Company Number 04397063), for itself and on behalf of its affiliates, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Caradog Hotels Limited and whilst every reasonable effort is made to ensure that the information provided on this site is accurate, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, regarding the completeness, accuracy, reliability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, compatibility or security of information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose (or to third party information, products and services). Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
By visting https://www.angelabergavenny.com you (“The Angel Website”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
This includes information you provide to us when:
• filling in forms on The Angel Website
• corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise
• registering to use our site, subscribe to our service or search for a product
• placing an order on our site through our online booking engine (Synxis)
• reporting a problem with our site
The information you give us may include:
• your name
• date of birth
• e-mail address
• phone number
• financial and credit card information
• personal description and photograph
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to The Angel Website we will automatically collect the following information:
• Details of transactions you carry out through The Angel Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Technical details including URL, the IP address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information and time-zone setting.
• Traffic data, cookies and location data with your consent. (Please see below for our cookie guidance)
Information we receive from other sources
This includes information we receive about you from third party booking sites such as (but not limited to) expedia, booking.com and laterooms.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect and use information about you only if we reasonably believe it is justified, required and necessary to conduct our business effectively and to satisfy our contractual obligations to you in connection with your purchase of any of our services, products or otherwise.
All personal information we collect will be taken strictly in accordance with our legitimate business purposes or where you have given express consent for the use of your data for a specific purpose.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use the information you provide for the following:
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To contact you in connection with these contracts
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To notify you of news, events and offers (provided you have agreed to accept such information)
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
All personal information is treated as highly confidential and we do not sell your data on to third parties for marketing purposes or any other reason.
We may share your information in certain circumstances including:
• We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
• When necessary in relation to any supply of products and/or services by us to you or in order to protect against fraud or any other crime (usually by providing such information to a reputable information reporting organisation)
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Caradog Hotels Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or requested to do so by a legal authority such as the police or a Court of Law.
• When necessary in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Caradog Hotels Limited, our customers, or others.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer with your consent. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Please note that your consent can be revoked at any time by adjusting your privacy settings.
Cookies we use
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
This cookie enables us to: Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
Allow us to store your choice on whether you accept cookies.
Click & Chat
This cookie enables us to chat with you to improve your experience.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for strictly necessary cookies, all cookies will expire after 30 days.
If you want to remove or block Cookies from your device at any time, you can update your browser settings (consult your browser’s “help” menu to learn how to remove or block Cookies). Caradog Hotels Limited is not responsible for your browser settings. You can find good and simple instructions on how to manage Cookies on the different types of web browsers at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please be aware that rejecting Cookies may affect your ability to perform certain transactions on The Angel Website, and our ability to recognize your browser from one visit to the next.
YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS
You have a right to know what information we hold about you including:
• A right to request access to, deletion or correction of your personal data
• A right to request your personal data be transferred to another person
• A right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are unhappy with how your information is being used
Should you wish to request access to the data we hold about you, please email: [insert email address] or write to us at The Angel Hotel, 15 Cross Street, Abergavenny NP7 5EN.
Please note that we will charge a fee of £10 to provide this information.
This information will be provided to you either by hard copy or email and may include print outs, transcripts or copies of original documents.
Should you contact us, our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose any information to you.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to control how and when your information is used.
You can also change manage preferences regarding disclosure of your information to third parties and the frequency and/or subject and/or format of our communications by emailing us your requirements.
• Employee access to information
Your information is disclosed to our employees, agents and representatives on “a need to know” basis and we confirm that all such persons understand the importance of client confidentiality and privacy.
• Updating, maintenance and accuracy of your information
We do our best to ensure that all information held relating to you is kept up-to-date, accurate and complete. In this regard, we also rely on you to notify us if your information requires updating or deleting. We will respond to requests from you to so update or delete your information in an efficient and timely manner and in any event no later than 40 days after we have received your request.
• Links to other web sites
Our website may contain various links to other sites that are operated and/or owned by third parties. We do not have control over such third party sites and cannot accept responsibility should you decide to enter them.
Caradog Hotels Limited enjoys interacting with you on public social media platforms via its corporate and individual hotel accounts. If you respond to our brand’s questions, posts or otherwise post content on or via our official presence via these platforms, we may use or republish your posted text, photo, video or other materials (collectively ‘Content’) as outlined below. Our official brand and hotel presence on social media platforms includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube. By posting or otherwise making available any content responding to or communicating with us on or via our official brand presence on social media platforms/sites and branded hashtags (including and without limitation Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube), you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older and that you agree to the following terms and conditions: You irrevocably grant Caradog Hotels Limited (the corporate account and the individual hotels), its affiliates, licensees and assign a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted right and global license to copy, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, translate, create derivative works of, publish, post, distribute, publicly perform, sublicense, or otherwise provide to others, your content in any and all media, formats and channels (now in existence or hereinafter developed) for any purpose, including advertising and commercial purposes. In the spirit of community and because we appreciate that you want to be recognised by us and our hotels with what is commonly referred to as a “shout-out,” we will try to credit you as the author/source of the Content by referring to your social media platform handle or identifier. (By posting, you agree that we may identify you as the author/source of the Content.) We might use any really good ideas, suggestions, developments, and/or other material offered to us via your posted Content without any attribution or compensation to you. By sending us Content as yourself, you represent and warrant that the Content does not violate or infringe any rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, rights of publicity and privacy. Important Note: If any third-party content is included in your posted Content you must obtain permission from the content owner and attribute/credit such content to the owner. We respectfully ask that you follow the following simple rules that will prevent us from deleting and otherwise blocking you.
Please don’t post any Content that is disruptive, abusive, vulgar, profane, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, or which discloses personally identifiable information or private or personal matters concerning any person. Don’t post any Content that you don’t have the right to post/transmit (and grant us the rights above) under applicable law or under contractual or fiduciary relationship.
Never post anything that might be offensive to others, such as sexual comments or racial slurs. Remember that talk of religion, culture or politics can also easily offend others. If you are uncertain or concerned about the appropriateness of any statement or posting, refrain from posting it!
You warrant and represent that all testimonials, endorsements and/or advertisements contained in your posted Content are truthful, accurate and represent your opinion and personal experience.
Be respectful to others when making any statement on social media and be aware that you are personally responsible for all communications which will be published on the internet for anyone to see.
You agree to hold Caradog Hotels Limited (sometimes referred to herein as “us” or “our”) and our parent company, affiliates, agents and licensees (collectively, “Indemnities”) harmless, and defend and indemnify the Indemnities from any claim, disputes, demands, proceedings, cause of action, judgments, damages, liabilities, losses, costs or expense of any kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed which may arise out of or are in any way connected with your posted Content and/or your use of our official brand presence on Social Media Platforms. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude (i) all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; (ii) any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
Loss of income or revenue;
Loss of business;
Loss of profits or contracts;
Loss of anticipated savings;
Loss of data;
Loss of goodwill;
Wasted management or office time; and
For any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
These terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.